We provide an effective lettings service whether the landlord wishes to manage a property themselves, or let us take the stress out of a let with full management. We currently handle nearly 80 rentals, the vast majority of which are administered by us from the moment we are approached by a prospective tenant, to the day they vacate a property.
Properties handled by B.S. Bennett are swiftly let as we are able to build effective relationships with tenants and landlords alike. It is our job to ensure all aspects of letting a property are dealt with promptly and efficiently, making for satisfied tenants, and ultimately happy landlords!
When a suitable tenant has been found we take a holding fee from them to reserve the property whilst references are sought – at their expense, and ask them to sign Tenancy Guidelines which explain their obligations.
- When the references are returned we contact the tenant/s and confirm the proposed moving-in date.
- We contact the Inventory Company and arrange a report and check-in.
- We arrange for a Gas Safety Inspection and certificate to be prepared (and Electrical safety certificate where required).
- We then consult with the Landlord to confirm the arrangements and determine what extra conditions are required on the tenancy agreement.
- When the tenant is due to move in we prepare the accounts for the tenant, which they pay the day they move in; and the Landlord, who will be paid by bank transfer or cheque.
- We notify the utility companies of the change of bill payee details as a result of the meter readings in the Inventory Check-In.
- Where the property is managed by us, we also collect payment, instruct tradesmen as appropriate to undertake repairs, act as the contact for the property on behalf of the landlord, inspect the property every 3 months, make payment to landlord on a monthly basis (deducting our fees monthly), renew the tenancy agreement and safety certificates as required, arrange check-out, and deduct monies from the deposit as required.
- Where the landlord manages the property our involvement ceases on check-in. However, we are always available to offer any advice to landlords and tenants.